Home » 12 Things I No Longer Spend Money On In My 30s financial diet

12 Things I No Longer Spend Money On In My 30s financial diet

In this video, Chelsea tells us all the things she no longer spends money on in her 30s — from activities she’s no longer interested in to cheap booze that only ever yields heartburn and hangovers.

Watch more of The Financial Diet hosted by Chelsea Fagan here:

The Financial Diet site:

The Financial Diet site:

Facebook:
Twitter:
Instagram: .

Images related to the topic financial diet

12 Things I No Longer Spend Money On In My 30s

12 Things I No Longer Spend Money On In My 30s

Search related to the topic 12 Things I No Longer Spend Money On In My 30s

#Longer #Spend #Money #30s
12 Things I No Longer Spend Money On In My 30s
financial diet

The Financial Diet 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

We have two great workshops coming up this month! On Sep 15 we will give you the ins and outs of building a freelancing business: http://bit.ly/TFDStudio4 and on Sep 21 this free workshop will help you create a website that will get you noticed: http://bit.ly/TFDStudio5. We hope you can join us!

Rian Ashlee 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I've definitely done inconvenient travel every year. I'm not ready to give it up. I still feel like at 31 I'm not ready to give it up until I have more money.

Cheryl Brown 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

Another reason to ditch the padded and underwire bras- they lead to sagging because your muscles atrophy. Bralettes are the way.

Saba Mansoor 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I am 30+ n I actually stopped all these etchings on my own..ha ha.thanks anyways

Brittany Prevost 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

🤣 Watching this as I apply blue eyeshadow and wild lashes cause I'm bored….

Cyn 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I won't ever stop buying hardcover books. I don't like the feel of paperback books when I'm holding them. I have a few because so books don't come in hardcover, but they're the exception. Someone please explain the e-books to me, I've tried them (my mom loves them) and hated them.

TurquoiseInk 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I totally agree with cheap alcohol! I am fine with spending more on something I'll enjoy. Yes, they will get dusty. It won't affect the taste. Cooking at home is cheaper and better. My "inconvent" flights story is this. I was going overseas. I could spend $700 for a direct flight or spend $400 to spend 18 hours in an unknown, not particularly safe city where I knew no one. I took the $700 flight, my friend the $300 flight. I was up and ready to go after a short nap, my friend was exhausted. Get the direct flight if you can.

Denise Dutton 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

"You don't need to have it in your cabinet all the time…"
* Gen-X me toes rock while gazing skyward, because damn every day's a gift over 50… *
(I still buy the quality stuff – in cheaper-per-ounce large bottles – though. I've gone through more than half my life, so I savor what I can. 😉)

Cianna Coleman 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

Personally I love padded bras for my body and find the ones I have super comfortable. That said I don’t wear the super solid ones, I wear ones that are thin enough to be flexible and conform to my body, I have a strapless that is thicker and not very comfortable and will hopefully soon be replaced with a corset.

Madeleine Cindrich 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

who's "imprisoned" in gender norms lol I don't see it

Nesha Christian-Hendrickson 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

You should try Liquid IV… it really helps with headaches

socutethatiam 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

Cheap electric devices, extremely cheap looking clothes just because they are "fashionable", extremely cheap looking shoes and bags.

Raya P. Morrison 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

31 is not mid-30s, Chelsea. you're still young!

okalani lawler 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I stopped buying books in my 30s. The last physical book I bought was in June 2019. I get all my books for free from the library through the libby app.

ZePopTart 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

6:12 what are you implying about my chicken nuggets

Franco 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

How's about we ditch the dormy poster and go straight to mirrors; amplifies light indoors (especially if you wanna manipulate that and save up on electricity) and bonus points if you can tack on a metal back so it can also double as a magnetic bulletin board (whiteboard markers included)

Caroline L 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

Most people don't look good in any jeans.

Bradley VanTreese 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I agree with most of this, Chelsea. The exception for me would be hardcover books. We have turned a spare bedroom into a home “library.” We do buy the occasional new book, but we also buy used hardcover books as well from secondhand bookstores. You wouldn’t believe the amount of inner peace my wife and I get from spending time in our little library. It’s well worth every penny we’ve spent slowly building it. And paperbacks just wouldn’t give the space the same feel.

TheAmazingEevee 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

The only one I disagree with is #4 because neurodivergence. I have ADHD and if it’s not prepped to go out of the fridge, I don’t eat it or I get takeout and it goes to waste anyways. So pre prepped food is the battle I let my brain win.

Cp.x.20 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

"Dormy posters"

"Like the pink Floyd one with all the girls asses"

me, looking up at the 4ft wide massive framed print of that exact poster that my mother hung over the living room mantlepiece, resulting in the tv being relegated to a cubby off to the side of it 👀👀👀

Sarah F. Clark 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I had a Scarface poster in college… TBH, I had never even seen the movie at the time. 🙄

AE Dooland 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

"esports, the darkest subject matter" GASP! Take that back! Esports are great – and I say this as a nearly-40-yo! XD

Sheila The Potter 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

Just want to say that gaming isn't a boys thing, girls and women game too. It's a fantastic and sociable hobby. My partner and I have found life long friends through gaming. I also used to travel across the whole of Europe working with Magic The Gathering, putting on huge tournaments. It was so fun.

Gabs Co 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I am about to turn 20 and number 10 thing really hit. THANK YOUUU

Annette Dominguez 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I enjoyed Chelsea’s rants.😂 I’m in my late 20s, and the only the only 2 or 3 I might be guilty of are pre-made food (not too often or not me buying them), something fora guy (except I can’t think of a time where I went to a sports event with my then boyfriends and didn’t enjoy the games🤷🏻‍♀️, so not sure I completely agree with that, but I understand if it’s something you’re truly not interested in and it’s better the significant other does it with pals, then sure), and skinny jeans (I actually like them because they hug curves). I agree on padded bras and that one should spend money on they feels comfortable in, and inconvenient flights? Learned my lesson already; no more multi stop flights!

Barbie Blue 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

You are toooooo boring to watch. Blah blah you you ick

s dm 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

Why is that leave from the flower arrangement behind you moving ?

Clare Travels 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I'm almost 30 and you've inspired me: I am not going to spend money on any shot that's not tequila, ever again in my life! I'm past my days of wanting to get drunk, but even when I did enjoy getting drunk I never liked shots! There's no other food or drink item that I'd pay for like that, knowing I'm not going to enjoy it. Thank you, Chelsea!

Tasha Battaglino 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

Me who follows drag queens on youtube and am constantly exposed to ostentatious makeup tutorials… yea fair enough. I guess i dont need to wear 9 pairs of lashes at once….

Penn Ryan 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

Those travel saving lessons are hard to learn. After enough layovers spent lying on benches in IST and bruised backs in illegal taxis you start to readjust your price for convenience and time.

Rachel Selby 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I once went to Paris with two friends from London. They took the Chunnel because one of them is a nervous flyer and the other wanted to experience the Chunnel. I laughed as I booked Easyjet for a third of the price. I flew into an airport outside Paris whereas their train went straight into the city with all the Metro connections. What I paid in taxi faires to and from the airport ended up costing me more than they paid.

xyz001 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

sports bras are the only bras I'm wearing in 2021

JulesSpeaksWithWords 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I will say padded bras are good for us trans gals.

Shayna Robinson 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I only get hardcover books for my birthday every year or borrow from friends. I can't and don't appreciate being on my phone to read. It's one of the things I can do off my phone and laptop.

SirElspeth 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I've been bucking the tight jeans trend for a long time now, I only wear them in rainy weather in boots to avoid that 00s flare look where the street water has risen up to my knee level.

Asok T 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

Honestly, I never understood the point of drinking to get drunk – even in my 20s or in University – but to each their own. And – thank you for your videos, I find them very informative.

Natalie 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

Re skinny jeans 👖 I hear you!!!

Skowt Woods 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

your plant is waving at me.

basicwaternymph 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I’m not even 20 yet but I’m taking notes regardless 😆✨

tiffanyferg 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

Inconvenient flights omg. I used to do that all the time, always ended up so uncomfortable, and definitely spent more on airport food and extra ubers than what the cost of a direct flight would have been

dr3d3d 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

lol the ONLY thing I make from scratch is pizza dough… takes like 5min

dr3d3d 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

i always find it funny when people talk about "cheap" alcohol… we literally do not have cheap alcohol where I am in canada… its all premium and up… cheapest we have is something like smirnoff

c b 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

Any "girls trip" which requires a medium sized/large group of girl friends going to an all inclusive to hook up with randoms. I should have known that wasn't for me, and those friendships didn't last longer than another year. The fact I went in to over draft for that? Tragic.

ShuShuMcJ 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

As a 31 year old, I 100% agree with this list. There is such a journey of self acceptance that happens around 28-30 that by the time you get here, it feels so much easier to just sit in your own skin and not have to buy things to prove something to other people. You're totally right, life is too short to wear uncomfortable "pretty" bras.

Narinder Singh 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

OMG…she said 'fucking'!

Ana M 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

OMG YOUR SHIRT IS BEAUTIFUL! IT suits you so well too!

Jern Dararye 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

I "hate" skinny jeans since my teenage time, yes I can wear it, and sometimes it look stunning great. But I hate the feeling "fit" . It's so uncomfortable even I try the best flexibility fabric in the market ( Yes, it's more comfort , I can even play yoca or practice kungfu, but not really comfort enough for whole day working, writing, reading or anything else.

And I don't really like my look in skinny long legs. Yes I look slender and taller in that pair of jeans. But for what's point?? Do people really have to look taller or slender to be beautiful or even just looking good?

Kate Fitzpatrick 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

Yeah I'm 27 and I've essentially quit structured bras of any kind lol it's sports bras and comfy fabric ones for me 😊

Анна Караулова 14/09/2021 - 11:07 Chiều

Yet another video about a person that became a grown-up only in his/her 30s and was a teen in his/her 20s