Home » What does 'ESG friendly' really mean? I FT financial times

What does 'ESG friendly' really mean? I FT financial times

Is ESG – environmental, social, governance – the future of ethical investing? ESG-focused indices advanced 40 per cent in 2019-20. But what counts as ESG is far from straightforward, says FT data journalist Brooke Fox
#ESG #ESGInvesting #SustainableStocks

See if you get the FT for free as a student ( or start a £1 trial:

► Check out our Community tab for more stories on the economy.
► Listen to our podcasts:
► Follow us on Instagram: .

Images related to the topic financial times

What does 'ESG friendly' really mean? I FT

What does 'ESG friendly' really mean? I FT

Search related to the topic What does 'ESG friendly' really mean? I FT

#39ESG #friendly39
What does 'ESG friendly' really mean? I FT
financial times

Volt Fields 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

In short ESG is like china's business social scoring. It may sound good, but ESG is evil.

Nako simpson 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Miningming

Sébastien Beauregard-Lucas 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Nobody is talking about how it affect my work and my work environment.

MaxHill 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

So this is the end… ESG…

nigelwaxley 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

I miss Brooke on Charts that count..

Alex Maxiuta 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Please also mention that ESG ETFs are 2-5x time more expensive in management fees, and when you compare this in long term perspective it actually plays a huge role.

Vernon Hedge 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Sorry, who gets to decide what is ethical? Who gets to decide priorities? It won't be democratic, that's for sure.

Ink Kin 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

The only environmentally friendly investments are blockchain-based energy trading platforms, Wepower WPR, Suncontract SNC, Pylon Network PYLNT, and Redi REDI.

Beto Patricio 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Only fund managers make money off of ESG, it’s a bloody joke

WotsOnSecond 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Corporatism. It means Corporatism

O K 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

The problem is that the bar to qualify as esg positive is too low. Yes the video is right but it's far too basic.

galegodms 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Most newbies usually undermine and neglect the importance of technical analysis with regards to trading. Technical analysis overly predicts the movement of assets prices regardless of what is happening in the wider or broader market. Essentially, the procedure involves studying the paths of a particular asset movement in the past so as to establish a sustainable pattern that can be used to predict future movement of an asset. Doing technical analysis can be quite different which is why most newbies/traders neglect day trading their coins and stick to holding which is very dangerous as when the market goes bearish, My advise any newbies/traders to buy the dip for traders who are still wondering to enter the market or old time traders who are holders to seek help from not just any trader but an established trading expert with at least 96% trade accuracy . I underwent series of trading loses I'd best not talk about before I was introduced to trading analyst Dr Benjamin Aldrich. My contact with her has been the Pinnacle of this year for me, under his careful guide and his signal service I've been able to recover my losses and even grow my trading portfolio massively from 1.6 BTC to 7 BTC in just 5 weeks. I will advice traders esp newbies to have orientation of trading before they involve in it. Ben Aldrich makes you learn daily while you make profit with his signals. Aldrich can be contacted via what's app : +447-86871-4959 ** and telegram: Ben_Aldrich * for inquiries ….

Yixe 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Publications need to stop quoting bill gates for these kinds of pieces, its been proven time and time again he doesn't actually know what hes talking about.

PS: he also had a large short position on Tesla, and didnt believe in electric cars could happen anytime soon.

John Charles 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

You may not be sacrificing returns right now as people are still buying into these funds pushing prices higher, but eventually returns has to be driven by company fundamentals and just momentum of the ESG hype, so I expect people will be giving up some returns in the longrun.

Wolfie Street 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

This is what happens when you don't correctly educate the young.

Machiavelli rightfully observed that the most magnanimous and benevolent of princes will be undone by the most ruthless and unscrupulous.

This is why ESG cannot work.

Wolfie Street 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

It means introducing fanaticism and irrational emotions into financial markets valuations.

RPDBY 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Is that dust under the kitchen cabinets?

Giovanni P 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Technically bitcoin mining is pushing energy production in a better direction. Also anything gained is somebody's loss, mostly the earth's

Rebecca Simpson 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Doing an extended essay for my degree on sustainable finance, thank you for this v helpful

Zulfiqar Shah 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Good

Sadik Solmaz 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Emrah Safa Gürkan

#N17WHL angelo 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Hold up this is not new, who runs this who's behind the esg big dealings? Suddenly trillions of dollars investing in on what exactly? So there is money available in the world to make MORE MONEY while it's really for themselves nothing to do with ESG or to make life better for all the ordinary poor working class, money the root of all evil

Felipe Angel 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Bill Gates: Tesla engages in environmental damaging activity.
Also Bill Gates: I'll take my private jet.

Beyond the Horizon 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

ESG cool

sagar146 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Exactly, Tesla is not completely Green

Julie Tamalo 16/09/2021 - 10:35 Sáng

Just think positive about the future impact on the environment. Great reporting 🙏